Majority of people living in this world have been thriving in sordid conditions; and I have always been puzzled by this strange phenomenon. Having superior brain and the authority over all things I can’t seem to understand why few are making a dignified existence in this life. Was it ignorance, or the system, or the arbitrariness of life?
The more I dig closer for answers the more I’m furthered from the truth. Finally, it dawned on me that I was searching in the wrong place. The answers are not to be found on the external plane. I have made a mistake! I’ve been extrapolating answers from effects, when I should have been focusing on the root of it all—US! We are the cause, we are the creator of our lot; we are responsible for our own miseries!
Let me ask you: Are you aware of who you are? Some may find this question silly but let me tell you that most of the time you are not aware of yourself. Most of your life you have been an actor playing a script written in the blueprints of your mind. And your producers are the outside forces that mold you into your current role—family, society, religion, affinities and nature: all has contributed their whims. These are the sources of the crippling habits that dominate your thoughts. To prove my point, here are the scripts with which you practice everyday to cripple yourself:
Man can accomplish great feats in his life but there’s one problem: he doesn’t know it! We have been brought up in this life believing that we have limits—or at least that’s what we have been led to believe.
Throughout the history of mankind great people (be they saint or insane) have proven the fallacy of the limitations of man. Empires, systems, civilizations, structures and technology have all manifested man’s unlimited capacity for dominance.
Are you aware of this gift? Don’t you know you can do anything what you set your mind into? I think only 1% of the world’s population knows this truth and the remaining 99% are hopelessly blind to see this fact. The big difference of successful people from ordinary people is that they see themselves capable of any endeavor; they don’t care whether or not they have the wherewithal to take on the task, it is enough that they confirm their intention. Yes, they are aware of the struggles but they allow no limitations upon themselves.
Unfortunately, most people suffer because they believed in their limitations and have lived accordingly. Do you belong to this kind?
Reverence to the past
Almost all of us are actors in the drama of our past and prefers to rot within its familiar security. No wonder siblings are the repetition of their parents. How easy it is for us to deliberate matters based on the past rather than the realities of the moment. This is the endless cycle of our evolution, and that is why we always inherit the sins of our fathers.
What good can we gain from this backward approach in life? Does it make us happy? Does it make us wealthy? Does it make us grow? Does it bring us peace? No they don’t! Instead, it holds us back from exploring the possibilities ahead. We treasure hatred, misery, pain, failures, dissatisfactions, and keep it neatly in a little box inside our minds, always making sure to revere them at every interactions with life.
When you wake up in the morning, are you really awake? If so, did you see the reality of the moment? Did you see forgiveness? Did you forget the pain, the misery, the failure? Have you finally opened your eyes?
The amazing power to live in fear
Fear is the natural enemy of success. But don’t get me wrong. Fear is necessary for survival, without it most life forms will perish. Fear is a mechanism of protection but we humans have expanded it to a mechanism for stagnancy. From it spawns negative imaginings and the worst part is we live in it. Instead of seeing opportunities around us, we focus on the illusory threats that drain our mental energies. Unless we understand the true nature of fear, we can never accomplish anything beyond it.
Fear is a guide NOT a threat. Fear should be responded with courage, not with cowardice.
Servants of vices
Jealousy is always preferred over understanding. Forgiveness is weakness in the arms justice. Procrastination is a goal instead of action. Extending blessings we are thrift compared to casting curse. Hatred is on a pedestal while peace is on our feet. Instead of growing we hail our bigotry. Sum this all up and one will gain an ugly scar of life, and with that scar comes a blighted way of existence.
Always a victim
Why do people settle on being a victim? I see no benefit deriving from it. I only see manifestation of weakness and a confirmation of helplessness. What will happen to a victim if his cry for help are not met? He will only be the one to suffer. Why? Because he relies on someone for salvation, he is blind of his capability to deliver himself.
A victim loves complaining, and cursing, and asking, and expecting, until he comes to his own deterioration. And with his last breath he’s still wondering why life has been hard on him. He labels everything and anything with profanities, he does nothing to change his situation because he believes he had been done wrong and it’s not within his lot to make amends. Pure foolishness!
People with this debilitating attitude ends up in penury.
Intelligence in all aspects of ignorance
Only upon accepting our ignorance do we start to gain wisdom. Unfortunately, the practice of people nowadays is to pretend they know everything. The fact of admitting ignorance on certain matters has proved to be an embarrassing experience for many. It has been the false dictum of our ego to equate ignorance with stupidity, and this foolish belief has led many to confusion.
As we grope through life with our ego-claimed knowledge, we make errors in our judgment. We try to make sense of the things happening around us but nothing comes to light; and since we are adamant in our self-righteousness we end up repeating the same mistakes. In every aspect of our life, we flaunt our ignorance under the façade of knowledge. And it serves us well in keeping us in the crooked path
Have I convinced you of these proofs? I hope so.
In the past I find it ludicrous the findings of science that we humans use only 3% of our brains; now I understand why. The remaining 97% is cluttered with lies and misconceptions that we prefer to treasure than to let go.
To my dear readers, I want to ask you a direct question: Where do you stand?
You can fool me with your answer, but you can never fool yourself of the consequences.
– Maria Robinson
If you find this article interesting subscribe HERE.
Only if you find necessary
Our lifetime is not enough to know all the experiences of life. Therefore, we need to have other sources in maximizing our understanding of the many facets of our existence. In this regard I am bound to share with you the most powerful materials that have shaken my foundation and have changed my life as well as the lives of many.
Life is full of questions but I have found answers in perusing the books: The Road Less Traveled, Man’s Search for Meaning and The Power of Now, these has given me light on the deepest nature of man. Still, in searching for ways of enhancing my life I have found: Think and Grow Rich, The Magic of Thinking Big and Thick Face Black Heart. In matters of understanding my mind I was greatly enlightened by the suspense filled novel’s Way of the Peaceful Warrior, A Rich Man’s Secret and The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. And finally, I have understood the pattern of my finances through reading Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.
Everything we wish in life will come upon us if we first seek the wisdom of knowing.